Massage is not only for babies, it can continue to be a part of your relationship throughout their childhood.
The massage routine can be adapted to suit your child as they grow from a baby to a toddler and onto an adolescent.
Things to consider –
- always ask permission
- as they grow they may not want the whole massage so do whichever area they chose
- massage regularly, at least once a week
- be patient
- make sure it is doable, it needs to fit in with both yours and their lives
- Enjoy the one on one time
- Massage can relax all ages – remembering this can help with difficult times when nurturing touch maybe more suitable than words for example exam times.